By Erik Dahlman
Reflecting the new crowning glory of LTE’s specification, the recent version of this bestseller has been totally up-to-date to supply a whole photo of the LTE procedure. the newest LTE criteria are integrated at the radio interface structure, the actual layer, entry systems, MBMS, including 3 fresh chapters on LTE Transmission systems, versatile Bandwidth in LTE and LTE evolution into IMT-Advanced.
Key applied sciences awarded comprise multi-carrier transmission, complex single-carrier transmission, complicated receivers, OFDM, MIMO and adaptive antenna suggestions, complicated radio source administration and protocols, and diverse radio community architectures. Their position and use within the context of cellular broadband entry often is defined. either a high-level assessment and extra designated step by step factors of HSPA and LTE implementation are given. an summary of alternative similar structures reminiscent of TD SCDMA, CDMA2000, and WiMAX can also be provided.
The new version has updated insurance of the lately released LTE free up eight radio-access ordinary, giving the reader perception into the continued and destiny means of LTE and LTE-Advanced standardisation.
Coverage on LTE during this version contains ( overall of 270 pages on LTE):
- Easy-to-access evaluation of the LTE protocol layers
- Complete description of LTE actual layer together with reference signs, keep watch over signalling, multi-antenna transmission schemes
- Covers either FDD and TDD, their primary distinction and their impression at the LTE design
- Detailed description of entry tactics together with telephone seek, random entry, broadcast of process information
- Transmission approaches, together with retransmission protocols, scheduling, uplink strength control
- Evolution in the direction of IMT-Advanced ("4G")
"Reading a specification calls for a few attempt. After interpreting the spec, you are going to comprehend WHAT to transmit, yet now not WHY and the way. this is often the place our ebook turns into very important. not just does it offer an easy-to-read description of the signs, tactics, and mechanisms in LTE, it additionally tells you WHY a definite sign, channel or technique is current and the way it truly is used. After interpreting the publication, you might have a great figuring out on how LTE works and why it's designed how it is." - the authors
The authors of the booklet all paintings at Ericsson learn and are deeply considering 3G improvement and standardisation because the early days of 3G examine. they're best specialists within the box and are this day nonetheless actively contributing to the standardisation of either HSPA and LTE inside 3GPP. This contains information of the factors and applied sciences (160 new pages): LTE radio interface structure, LTE actual layer and LTE entry procedures.
Read or Download 3G Evolution. HSPA and LTE for Mobile Broadband PDF
Similar radio operation books
The 1st of a two-volume set, this modern ebook takes a realistic method of RF circuit layout, delivering an entire figuring out of the basic options you must recognize and use on your paintings during this undefined. The publication lays the floor paintings for effective RF circuit layout in a step by step procedure, by means of defining vital ideas and parameters and gradually introducing severe analytical instruments.
Such a lot books on community making plans and optimization supply restricted assurance of both GSM or WCDMA suggestions. Few scrape the skin of HSPA, or even fewer care for TD-SCDMA. Filling this void, developed mobile community making plans and Optimization for UMTS and LTE provides an obtainable advent to all phases of making plans and optimizing UMTS, HSPA, and LTE mobile networks.
This booklet presents a good connection with the MIMO radio channelIn this ebook, the authors introduce the concept that of the a number of enter a number of Output (MIMO) radio channel, that is an clever verbal exchange approach established upon utilizing a number of antennas. in addition, the authors offer a precis of the present channel modeling methods utilized by undefined, academia, and standardisation our bodies.
This available, self-contained consultant includes every little thing you want to wake up to hurry at the thought and implementation of MIMO options. In-depth insurance of issues comparable to RF propagation, space-time coding, spatial multiplexing, OFDM in MIMO for broadband functions, the theoretical MIMO ability formulation and channel estimation provides you with a deep realizing of ways the implications are received, whereas specific descriptions of the way MIMO is applied in advertisement WiFi and LTE networks can assist you observe the idea to functional instant platforms.
- Arrays of Cylindrical Dipoles
- Fundamentals of aperture antennas and arrays : from theory to design, fabrication and testing
- 3G Evolution HSPA and LTE for Mobile Broadband
- Solid State Design for the Radio Amateur
- Design and Construction of an RFID-enabled Infrastructure: The Next Avatar of the Internet
- Standard handbook of video and television engineering
Additional info for 3G Evolution. HSPA and LTE for Mobile Broadband
Thus, the mobile device has become a multi-purpose device, not only a mobile phone for voice communications. In parallel to the technical development of the mobile devices, the mobilecommunication technologies are developed to meet the demands of the new services enabled, and also to enable them wireless. The development of the digital signal processors enables more advanced receivers capable of processing megabits of data in a short time, and the introduction of the optical fibers enables high-speed network connections to the base stations.
4. 1457 contains an overview of the radio interface, followed by a list of references to the detailed specifications. 1457 provides URLs locating the specifications at each SDOs web archive. 4 The definition of IMT-2000 in ITU-R. updated. 1457 and at the time of writing it is in its fifth version, with the sixth version awaiting approval. Input to the updates is provided by the SDOs and Partnership Projects writing the standards. In addition to maintaining the IMT-2000 specifications, the main activity in ITU-R WP8F is the work on systems beyond IMT-2000, recently named IMT-Advanced.
All bands are also defined with consideration of what other bands may be deployed in the same region through special coexistence requirements for both base stations and terminals. These tailored requirements enable coexistence between 3G (and 2G) deployments in different bands in the same geographical area and even for co-location of base stations at the same sites using different bands. Release 7 of the 3GPP specifications include ten frequency bands for FDD and four for TDD. 5. 2. With the release independence of the specifications, all bands can be implemented using only Release 99 functionality.
3G Evolution. HSPA and LTE for Mobile Broadband by Erik Dahlman